Java, Joe, Black Gold, or whatever you want to call it, coffee is the fuel that makes the American workforce go! And while some call it "National Coffee Day," we know that this it really an International celebration...and with good reason!
First some history. This caffeine-filled blessing has been around ever since a sixth-century Ethiopian goat herder realized that his goats would get REALLY excited when playing around his coffee plants. Soon, Ethiopians began experimenting with the seeds, and a century later, “brewed coffee” as we know it was born. Once folks started drinking coffee, they realized it was really hard to stop.
Today, over 400-billion cups of coffee are consumed each year. In fact, it’s a world commodity that’s second only to oil.
Lucky for you, businesses around the nation are celebrating this special by giving it away for free…some are gifting us ALL WEEKEND! Like who?
- 7-Eleven: New and existing 7Rewards members get free coffee all weekend long, and you get to pick the size. Rewards members can score one free coffee per day from Friday through Sunday.
- Cinnabon: All day on Friday, they’re giving out free 12-ounce cups of coffee.
- Dunkin' Donuts: Buy one medium, large, or extra large cup of hot coffee on Friday, get a free medium coffee at participating locations.
- Keurig: Keurig is offering 20% of all K-Cup pods on com with the code “CELEBRATE” at checkout through Sunday.
- Krispy Kreme: You can get a free cup of coffee all weekend long, and they’ll even let you pick between any size hot coffee or a small iced coffee in any flavor you choose.
- Peet's Coffee: On Friday, save 25% off any bag of blended coffee beans you buy at a Peet’s location and score a free medium coffee or tea. And they’ve got an online deal, too: save 25% on bags of beans with the promo code coffeeday17.
- Pilot and Flying J: Use this coupon on Friday to get a free small cup of Pilot coffee, hot tea, or cappuccino.
- Tim Hortons: Their United States locations are giving out freeOriginal Blend, Dark Roast, Decaf, or Iced Coffee starting Friday and going through October 8th. You can pick the size you want and all you’ll need is a coupon available on the Tim Hortons app.