The Thanksgiving escape will likely start this weekend with folks trying to get a head start on airport craziness by leaving a few days early, and they’re probably smart to. With millions of people expected to fly for the holidays there’s no doubt the airports are going to be madness, and some of them are likely to be more insane than others.
Well, travel sites Hopper and InsureMyTrip have just come out with their annual report of the worst airports for Thanksgiving travel, so if your ticket is already booked for one of them, don’t say we didn’t warn you.
According to the sites, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport will likely will be the busiest yet again this year, with about 1,382,846 travelers departing during the Thanksgiving week, with 8:40 am local time being the busiest time at the airport. As you can imagine, much of the Top Ten is made up of airports in big cities, including Los Angeles International, Chicago’s O’Hare, and New York’s JFK.
Top Ten Busiest Airports For Thanksgiving Travel
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Los Angeles International Airport
- O’Hare International Airport, Chicago
- Dallas Fort Worth Airport
- John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York
- Denver International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- McCarran Airport, Las Vegas
- Charlotte-Douglas International Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
Source: Yahoo Finance