What would you be willing to do or give up if it meant you could retire 10 years early? According to a new survey, here’s what respondents revealed:
- 36% said they would go two years without buying anything new (except essentials like groceries).
- 33% would take a second or even third job.
- 28% said they’d give up coffee and alcohol.
- 27% said they’d downgrade to a smaller home.
- 17% would give up entertainment, TV and books.
- 13% said they would take a job they know they’d hate.
- 12% said wouldn’t have children.
- 11% said they’d give up their pets.
- 6% said they’d give up their car. (The Ladders)
Sure, it’s not even August yet, but it’s not too early to start thinking about Halloween …And it seems thousands of people have signed a petition asking the President to move Halloween from October 31st to the last Saturday in October (this year that would be October 26th), in order to make trick-or-treating a lot easier on parents and kids and more fun for Halloween partiers.
Sick pic …Recently, Instagram influencers got busted, and some of them even got sick, taking travel selfies in front of a turquoise Siberian lake that is actually a toxic ash dump for a nearby plant. Well, the wannabe internet famous are at it again. This time the Insta obsessed are at a seemingly picturesque turquoise lake in Spain. Well … much like the Siberian lake, the Monte Neme lake has such a striking color because it is actually filled with hazardous chemical waste that comes from a World War II mining field. The locals are all aware of it, which is why there never seems to be anyone else swimming there. Turns out you can’t take travel advice from travel influencers! Sadly, a lot of tourist “grammers” are getting sick with skin rashes and, in some cases, even bouts of vomiting after a swimming photo session. A word of advice: Before “doing it for the gram,” make sure you aren’t putting your own health at risk -- the likes aren’t worth it! (Cosmo)